The club originated in the area of Village Board, Sidwell and Perl Road and later joined the E.P.R.F.U. Founder members of the club were as Chairman Mr Mike (Suiker) Williams, Peter Joseph, Valley Jacobs, and Johnny Ownhouse.
Club meetings were held at the residence of Mr Mike Williams in Village Board. Swans started as a Second Team but were soon promoted to the First Team Competition. In 1933 they won the Godfrey Cup in the first division. The club chairman, Mr Williams died in 1936 and certain changes were made to the executive. Swans players that represented E.P. before the War were Stoffel Prinsloo, Isaac (White) Hiles; John (Madam) Finnis. In 1939 the club annexed the Barney Miller Trophy. Between 1940 – 1945 Swans headquarters were where it is today. Youngsters like Gordon Samuels, the late Stephen (Plaatjies) Swartz, Manie Goldman, all who later represented E.P., came to the fore during that era. One fondly remembers how play was held up while lorries and ox wagons made their way across the fields of play on Saturday mornings. In 1948 Swans won both the league and knock out trophies.
During the fifties, sixties and early seventies, Swans won many of the domestic competitions of the E.P.R.F.U. Swans players that gained national colours were Tommy Burgins, Leonard Philips and in 1987 Bernard Petersen gained his S.A.R.U. Junior Colours.